The Assessment & Tax offices have started the Certification process for the creation of tax bills. During this time many processes of these offices will come to a halt and will resume upon completion of the Certification process. Please be patient with us and if you have questions please contact our respective offices.
The Assessor's Office strives to provide quality public service and value property according to Oregon Statutes and Rules.
The County Assessor's chief responsibilities are to:
- Inventory all property including quality, quantity and important characteristics
- Estimate the market value of each taxable property;
- Administer and manage special programs, such as farm and forest assessments and all exemption programs
- Prepare, maintain and provide maps and information on property locations, descriptions and ownership on all taxable and exempt property
- Prepare the assessment roll for Tax Certification
Important Dates to Remember
- January 1 - Property is valued as of this date for the coming fiscal year, which begins on July 1st.
- February 15 - Second-trimester payment due.
- March 15 - Personal and real property returns due for commercial and industrial property.
- April 1
- Final day to file for property tax exemptions
- Final day to file for Veterans' exemptions
- Final day to file timely for Charitable exemptions, etc.
- April 15
- Final day to file Senior and Disabled Citizen Deferral applications.
- May 15 - Third-trimester payment due.
- June 30 - Final determination date for property tax exemption status.
- July 1 - Start of the fiscal year and lien date for all taxes.
- July 15 - Taxing Districts certify tax levies and special assessments
- September 25 - Assessor certifies value or value estimate of joint Taxing Districts
- October 25
- BoPTA forms are available at County Clerk's Office.
- Last day for the tax collector to mail tax statements
- Owner Value Reviews process through December 1st
- November 15 - First-trimester tax payment due. Last day discount allowed for full or 2/3 payment.
- December 31 Last day to file an appeal to the Board of Property Tax Appeals