DESIGN PROFESSIONALS & DESIGNERS
PLEASE NOTICE "2022 OSSC" CODE CHANGE!
Effective date: Oct. 1, 2022 with a 6-month phase-in period.
Phase-in period ends: March 31, 2023
*During the phase-in period use of the 2019 OSSC or the 2022 OSSC is permitted
View the permanent rules.
Current Codes in Effect
Design Criteria for Prescriptive Residential Structures
- Seismic: Design Category D
- Wind Exposure:
- Basic Wind Speed: 97 miles per hour (mph)
- Coastal Special Wind Region: 97 mph
- Structures With Direct Exposure to the Pacific Ocean: 135 mph
- Roof Snow Load: 25 per square foot (psf) - The design roof snow load may not be less than 20 psf with no rain-on-snow surcharge as applicable.
- Ground Snow Load: 36 psf - For site specific ground snow loads, refer to the online lookup tool or the online map published by the Structural Engineers Association of Oregon (SEAO).
- Frost Depth: 18 inches
- Soil Load-Bearing Values: 1,500 psf
- Exposure Category: C
- Weather Classification: Moderate
Engineered Structural Design Criteria
- Reference Chapter 16 of the Oregon Structural Specialty Code for full design criteria parameters.
- Reference Chapter 18 for Soils and Foundations values
- For Site specific design parameters use the online tool provided by The Applied Technology Council (ATC).