The Archives Division ensures all records are preserved permanently, or for some records, maintained for a specific period of time.
You must contact our office prior to visiting as not all of our archived materials are readily available. Contact can be by telephone 541-440-6113 or our mailing address is:
Douglas County Clerk
P.O. Box 10
Roseburg, OR 97470
Available for Research
- Adoption Records: Available by Court Order only
- Birth Records: If less than six months from the date of birth in Douglas County, contact the Douglas County Clerk's Office at 541-440-3513. If it has been six months or longer since the date of birth, contact the State Vital Records office in Portland at 971-673-1190.
- Circuit Court Cases: 1852 to 1975 only
- County Court Journal/Commissioner's Proceedings: 1853 to present day
- Court Delayed Birth Certificates: Various
- Death Records: If less than six months from the date of death in Douglas County, contact the Douglas County Clerk's Office at 541-440-3513. If it has been six months or longer since the date of death, contact the State Vital Records office in Portland at 971-673-1190.
- Deed Records: 1853 to present day
- Election Records: 1900 to 1974 only
- Inquests: 1896 to 1972 only
- Insanity Records: Available by Court Order only
- Marriage Records: 1853 to present day
- Naturalization records: 1859 to 1975 only
- Probate Cases: 1853 to 1982 only
- Voter Registration: Purged prior to 1993
- Wills: 1859 to 1969 only (these are incomplete)
Obtaining Copies or Searches
To obtain copies of documents or have a search completed, you may visit our office but please call ahead, or send a written request with a check or money order to the Archives Division address. Or, you may order by phone with a credit or debit card; the minimum fee for orders satisfied by mail or phone is $5.
|Per Certified Copy of Document||$5.00|
|Per Plain Copy of Document||$7.75|