The Information Technology Department provides computer and other technology-related services to all County Departments. They provide online data services to business and government agencies and are in charge of the County's telephone (voice) system. Information Technology supports highly technical and complicated computer systems as well as less sophisticated office automation systems. They support both host-based and micro-based environments, networked and non-networked systems, digital and analog communications, and Internet/Intranet technologies.
Typical services are:
- Analysis and development of application processes
- Email, document scanning, production printing, and training on the use of application software and hardware products
- Networking design and management for both voice and data systems
- Online data services to business and government
- Security administration
- System performance evaluation and recommendation
- Systems configuration and installation
- Technical support and systems administration
- Troubleshooting and customer support
The Information Technology Department is also in charge of the County's telephone (voice) system.
The Information Technology Department is also in charge of the County's Public Safety Radio System.
The Information Technology Department is on call 24 hours/day, 7 days/week to ensure all County production systems, voice, and data are functioning properly. Call at 541-440-4330 for any information.
We request that cybersecurity vulnerabilities found on any Douglas County websites or services be reported to us using the instructions provided in our Vulnerability Disclosure Policy.