Making a Reservation
Whether you call or go online, you may make reservations 3 days to 11 months in advance of your first night's stay. To determine what day you can make a reservation, count back eleven months from your date of arrival. Online reservations are available 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Eleven month inventory opens up at midnight, every day of the week. If you need to call to make your reservation, our call center is open 10 am to 4 pm. Monday through Friday, except holidays. All times are Pacific Standard Time.
- There is a $10 reservation fee charged for each site reserved whether you call or go online.
- You must be 18 or older to make a reservation. An adult must accompany minors at the site.
- Horse camping: Reservations and registrations for horse camping sites are only for people camping with their horses or similar large animals.
- See our 2020 Camping Rates (PDF).
Reserve a Campsite
- Charles V. Stanton Campground - Canyonville, Oregon
- Chief Miwaleta Campground - Azelea, Oregon
- Half Moon Bay Campground - Winchester Bay, Oregon
- John Amacher Campground - Roseburg, Oregon
- Mildred Kanipe Campground - Oakland, Oregon
- Pass Creek Campground - Curtin, Oregon
- Umpqua Dunes Campground - Winchester Bay, Oregon
- Whistler’s Bend Campground - Roseburg, Oregon
- Windy Cove Campground - Loop A - Winchester Bay, Oregon
- Windy Cove Campground - Loop B - Winchester Bay, Oregon
Full payment is required at the time you make your reservation or change an existing reservation. All reservations made over the internet must be paid with a Visa or MasterCard. Reservations or changes made over the phone may be paid with a Visa or MasterCard, if the reservation is arriving in 3 days or more.
Paying When You Arrive
If you're camping, the site fee you have paid includes only one vehicle. If you have an additional vehicle (and if the site allows additional vehicles, you must register and pay an additional $6 per night, per vehicle at the park.
Douglas County Parks charge a day-use parking fee to visitors who aren't camping. The fee is $4 per vehicle or $30 for an annual pass.
Confirming Your Reservation
You will receive a confirmation letter via email after making your reservation. Should you have any further questions regarding the details of your reservation, please call 541-957-7001. To assist staff in finding your reservation, have your reservation number handy.
Please be aware that only the person whose name is on the reservation has access to change or cancel the reservation.
Changing a Reservation
There is a $10 non-refundable transaction fee for any change made to a reservation in advance of the arrival date.
Reservations for 6 or more nights: Changes to the departure date will only be charged a $10 transaction fee. Changes to the arrival date will be charged the nightly rate for each night dropped, in addition to the $10 transaction fee. For example: You have a reservation for eight nights, but decide to drop three nights from the beginning of the reservation. The nightly rate is $25. You will be charged $75 (3 times $25) plus a $10 transaction fee for a total of $85.
- Campsites, rustic Yurts, rustic and deluxe cabins, must be changed 14 or more days in advance.
- Changes can only be made by calling the Douglas County Parks office during normal business hours (Monday through Friday from 10 am to 4 pm, Pacific Time).
- Date changes to any reservation cannot be made until 10 months in advance of the arrival date.
- Day-use/picnic shelters or group camps must be changed at least 30 days in advance.
- Please be aware that only the person whose name is on the reservation has access to change the reservation.
Canceling a Reservation
Reservations can be cancelled by calling the park office. We do not accept cancellation requests via email. Reservation and transaction fees are non-refundable. No exceptions.
Campsite, rustic or deluxe yurt, rustic or deluxe cabin: If you cancel within 3 calendar days of your arrival date, Douglas County retains your reservation fee, transaction fee (if any) and first night's use fee.
If you do not call or show up for your reservation by 1 pm the day after your scheduled arrival, your reservation will be cancelled and no refund will be made.
First-come first-served is available at all parks for non-reserved sites. First-come first-served is used for all camping sites within 3 days of your arrival. Physical presence is required to register a campsite. By physical presence, we mean the person who is to occupy the site must be present with their camping unit, ready to occupy the site.
Many times a camper will be checking in and wish to pay for another site for another family member or friend who is expected to arrive shortly. This is not acceptable. Registration will not happen until the person actually arrives.
Also, we do not allow “holding.” It is not permitted to come the day before and place a lawn chair in a site to hold it with the intention of returning the next day with a camping rig to occupy it, this applies even if you have paid for the site.