- Management & Finance
- Tax Collection
2022/23 Tax Season Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I access my property tax statement online?
- Click here to view your property tax account.
- Enter your Account# into the Property Search field. The Account # is found in the top right corner of your statement.
- Click on your Property ID, then select the "Bills" tab.
- Click the statement year you wish to view.
- A PDF copy of the Real Property Tax Statement will then open in your browser.
- What are my payment options?
- Online Payments.
- Mail payment in the envelope provided for quickest processing.
- For payments made by check or money order, there is a 24-hour secure drop box located in front of the Courthouse from November 1st through 11:59 p.m. on November 15th for your convenience.
- Drop box located inside the Courthouse during business hours, in the hallway outside Room 205.
- Online through your Bank or Credit Union using Bill Pay. *Payments must be received by the due date as Bill Pay checks typically are not postmarked. If you have more than one tax account, a separate Bill Pay check needs to be set up for each account. Allow 2-5 days for processing by your bank.
- We are unable to accept payments over the phone.
- Why are payments being mailed to Medford, OR? Our payment processing center is located in Medford. Please send payments to PO Box 8403, Medford, OR 97501 for quickest processing.
- Can I mail my payment to the Tax Office in Roseburg? Yes, payments can be addressed to PO Box 850, Roseburg, OR 97470 for local processing.
- How secure are the payment drop boxes? The payment drop boxes are locked and secure. They will be checked and emptied multiple times each day. We do not recommend you drop cash in the drop boxes. Please convert your cash payment to cashier’s check, money order or personal check.
- How late are the drop boxes open? The 24-hour secure drop box will close at 11:59PM, November 15, 2022.
Please choose one of the payment schedules:
|Pay the "Full Payment" amount on or before November 15th to receive a 3% discount.|
Tax statements for LESS than $40 MUST be paid in full.
|Pay the "2/3 Payment" amount on or before November 15th to receive a 2% discount. The final 1/3 payment is due by May 15th.|
|Pay the "1/3 Payment" amount on or before November 15th. The second 1/3 payment is due by February 15th, and the final 1/3 payment is due by May 15th.There is no discount.|
To receive a discount and avoid interest charges, tax payments MUST be made timely. Due dates are November 15, 2022, February 15, 2023, and May 15, 2023. Tax payments delivered, U.S. postmarked, transmitted by private express carrier, or paid online via the Douglas County website on or before a due date will be considered timely. Interest is charged on any past due installment for the schedule you choose at the rate of 1.333% monthly, 16% annually. Interest on the first third begins accruing on December 16th, 2022. When calculating delinquent interest, the time period runs from the 16th of the preceding month to the 15th of the current month. If the 15th falls on a weekend day, the due date is extended to the first business day of the week.
Where tax accounts show taxes due for more than one tax year, payments MUST first be applied to the earliest year that taxes are due. Where tax accounts show taxes due for more than one tax year, payments MUST first be applied to the earliest year that taxes are due.
If your property tax statement is yellow, a mortgage company or the senior/disabled citizen deferral program has requested tax information to pay your tax bill. If you have any questions regarding who is paying your property tax bill, contact your mortgage company.
- Payment online via the internet with Visa, MasterCard or e-check
- Payment by mail or in person