Our Operation and Maintenance Manual from Oregon Department of Environmental Quality for Roseburg Landfill and County transfer stations permits and limits the types of materials which may be accepted.
Accepted Free of Charge for County Residents
- Auto Batteries
- Motor Oil
Fees are assessed for the following (Double for any out-of-County waste):
Accepted only in Roseburg and Reedsport:
- Construction and demolition materials: $94 per ton or $18 per cubic yard is charged for limited amounts. Clean soil can be disposed of for free at the Roseburg Landfill. The soil must the following:
- Free from trash, woody debris, sod, liquid, and large rocks.
- Mattresses and Box Springs: $12 for each unit
- Other Materials
- Animal by-products
- Commercial sharps
- Out of county waste
- Permitted waste
- Sand, gravel, and rock
- Vehicles and vehicle parts
- Refrigerators: $15 each
- Tires: Fee dependent upon the size and must be off the rim
Certain wastes are not acceptable for disposal at Douglas County Disposal Facilities. The following materials are forbidden from the disposal. Some of these items are recyclable.
- Burn Barrels or Hot ashes
- Closed barrels, tanks, or containers
- Computers and TV monitors ( Recycle through our local Sunrise Enterprises, Inc. )
- Hazardous waste
- Radioactive materials
Note Regarding Unrestrained Loads
All unrestrained loads are subject to a $300 fine. This fine may increase for each repeated occurrence. An unrestrained load is defined as any load that can drop, sift, leak, blow, or otherwise escapes from the transporting vehicle. The trash in closed plastic bags that are below the sidewalls is acceptable. If bags are above sidewalls, they must be restrained with a rope, net, or tarp. Tailgates shall be used.