Veterans Advisory Committee
- 3 pm
- 2nd Tuesday of every other month (bimonthly)
- Meetings are virtual-only until further notice - see below for details
- Douglas County Courthouse
1036 SE Douglas Avenue
Roseburg, OR 97470
Contact DCVSO staff at 541-440-4219 for virtual meeting details.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
|Advisory Member||Era / Representation||Date Term Expires|
|Mel Cheney, Chair||Vietnam War|
|Jerry Anderson||Persian Gulf War, OEF/OIF, Vietnam War||December 31, 2022|
|Roy Brogden||Vietnam||December 31, 2022|
|Larry Hill||Vietnam War||December 31, 2022|
|Carol Hunt||Family WWII, Vietnam War||December 31, 2022|
|Cindy Houston||Operation Northern Watch (ONW)||December 31, 2022|
|Dawnetta Loomis||PGW-OIF||December 31, 2022|
|John Pierson||Vietnam era||February 28, 2021|
|Tammy Turner||Desert Storm||December 31, 2022|
About the Committee
The Veterans Advisory Committee (VAC) is composed of individuals representing Douglas County Veterans and their Dependents. There are 9 seats on the Board. The primary function of the Veterans Service Office Advisory Board is to advise and assist the Veterans Service Office and County Commissioners in carrying out the purposes of the Veterans Service Office and its programs.
Advisory Board Appointment Process
- Vacancies are advertised in the media. Applications are available on this page from the Board of Commissioners office or by contacting the Veterans Services office at 541-440-4219.
- All applications must be turned into the Board of Commissioners office.
- The VAC Advisory Board will review all applications and make recommendations to the Board of Commissioners.
- The Board of Commissioners reviews applications based on VAC recommendations and appoints new committee members.
- All applicants will be notified of the status of their application.