Industrial Development Board (IDB)
- 10:30 to 11:30 am
- 3rd Tuesday of every month
- Douglas County Courthouse
Roseburg, OR 97470
- Meetings are virtual until further notice
- 2021 meeting schedule
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
- Melony Marsh, President
- Bob Ragon, Vice President
- Jameson Baird
- Debbie Fromdahl
- Bruce Hanna
- Guy Kennerly
- Barry Robinson
- Charmaine Vitek
- Todd Way
- Jason Aase, Dean of Career and Technical Education - Umpqua Community College
- Mike Baker, Oregon Department of Transportation
- Mark Bauer, City Manager - City of Winston
- Steve Dahl, City Administrator - City of Drain
- Bill Ducket, Mayor - City of Riddle
- Janelle Evans, City Administrator - City of Canyonville
- Kristi Gilbert, Community Development Specialist, City of Sutherlin
- Linda Higgans, City Manager - City of Elkton
- Ron Harker, Finance Director - City of Roseburg
- Bette Keehley, Mayor - City of Oakland
- Sean Negherbon, City Administrator - City of Myrtle Creek
- Rhonda Rasmussen, City of Yoncalla
- Dawn Russ, City Recorder - City of Glendale
Schedule of 2021 Board Meetings
- January 19, 2021
- February 16, 2021
- March 16, 2021
- April 20, 2021
- May 18, 2021 (Cancelled)
- June 15, 2021
- July 20, 2021 (Cancelled)
- August 17, 2021
- September 21, 2021
- October 19, 2021
- November 16, 2021
- December 21, 2021
- January 18, 2022
About the Board
- Create quality, family wages jobs in Industrial Development Board (IDB) industrial parks, while retaining jobs in existing businesses and industries.
- In IDB industrial parks, provide flexibility on wage levels based on a company's overall investment.
- Support sustainable tourism and commercial job creation and retention.
- Support education/training facilities and programs which meet the needs of a qualified and trainable workforce to supply business/industry.
- Develop the Douglas County Industrial Development Board (DCIDB) industrial sites/parks with the necessary infrastructure to attract local/state industries, as well as companies recruited to locate in Douglas County.
- Maintain an inventory of DCIDB industrial lands available for development at approximately what it is now (+/- 200 acres) so that when land is sold, IDB purchases more to maintain the inventory.
- Collaborate with the cities, the Umpqua Basin Watershed Committee, and others as appropriate to create wetland banking within the region.
- Collaborate with local, state, and federal partners to maintain and enhance a healthy, vibrant economic climate where local businesses/industries thrive and expand.
- Develop and implement a strategic marketing recruitment program that targets businesses/industries that complement what Douglas County can offer.
- Maintain or create sustainable incentives to assist development.
- Strive to ensure that the Douglas County quality of life is maintained and enhanced through sustainable economic development.
- The DCIDB and staffing team are well trained, professional, and strategic in decision making and problem-solving.
- Industrial Development Board has trained, professional, and qualified staffing team to implement the DCIDB's long-range goals and mission.
- DCIDB is recognized in local, regional, statewide, and nationally as an innovative board that creates quality jobs for the County's residents.
- Using public speaking engagements, or other venues, provide information that assists the public, community groups, and civic organizations in understanding DCIDB's role and activities to create positive economic growth in Douglas County.
Promote, expand, and diversify job opportunities and economic health in Douglas County.
Quality jobs for Douglas County residents.
P.O. Box 1938
Roseburg, OR 97470
Fax (541) 672-7011